Bitwarden to 1Password does not export entire vault [Solved]

humanchaos
humanchaos
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

Hi all,
Upon importing the entire Bitwarden vault to 1Password export I get only a fraction of my bitwarden entries. I have 250+ logins on Bitwarden and see only 50 or so imported in 1Password. Any ideas why that may be?
Thank you
Markus

Comments

• Hi @humanchaos

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting your data over from Bitwarden. If you open the file they exported using a text editor or spreadsheet app, does it appear all of the data you're looking for is there? In order for us to import it, it would have to exist in their export. Please let me know. Thanks!

Ben

• J0nM
    J0nM
    Community Member

I am unsuccessful in converting the json file to the 1PIF file. Ran it 3 times and no pif file on my desktop? HELP!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@J0nM

Are you trying to use the mrc-converter-suite? If so:

1. Which macOS version do you have
    2. Which version of BitWarden are you using?

Any more info you can provide will help to more quickly resolve the issue.

• J0nM
    J0nM
    Community Member

Yes MRC-converter suite
    Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 on macbook pro
    Bitwarden for Mac OS Version 1.22.2 (400)

Thanks for quick response!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2020

@J0nM ,

Thanks for the info, I was able to track down the issue I created in a recent change. I've posted an update to the converter suite. Please delete your current mrc-converter-suite folder and zip archive, and download the new one I just posted (direct link).

I've also posted a screen video where you can watch the process that I just tested on Catalina. At the link above, go to the Extra Help > Videos and watch the Converting from Bitwarden.mp4 video.

• J0nM
    J0nM
    Community Member

Wow! Appreciate the update as it worked perfect! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@J0nM

You are very welcome.

Enjoy 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.