Apple Silicon?

Options
mcvosi
mcvosi
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

I presume the beta has support for Apple Silicon Macs?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

via Rosetta 2, yes.

Ben

• focher
    focher
    Community Member
    Options

As I cannot find anything else in regards to this question, are there plans to natively support 1Password on Apple Silicon?

• stian133
    stian133
    Community Member
    Options

Would also really lite to know about any native plans...

• John.Doe
    John.Doe
    Community Member
    Options

Certainly appreciate 1P running at all, but considering WWDC happened like half a year ago and 1P is usually all-in when it comes to Apple it's pretty mind-blowing to not have a proper version upon release of the M1 chip. Mind you, we're not talking about a 0$ open-source project here. Bit disappointing really, looking at other companies that I would consider to be in the same league offering complete support for M1 on their apps just in time.

• fdarby82
    fdarby82
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi, I too am anxiously awaiting news about 1password for Apple Silicon. Just hearing an update that "it's in development" would be a relief, considering that many of us are probably unsure whether 1password plans to natively support Apple Silicon at all, particularly after the comment above from Ben which makes it sound like Rosetta 2 is your permanent solution. It was perplexing to hear the big announcement about support for MacOS Big Sur with no mention at all of native support for Apple Silicon.

• Ben
    Options

We tend to keep future plans pretty close to our chest, but I can say we're very excited about Apple Silicon. Stay tuned. :)

Ben

• timfee
    timfee
    Community Member
    Options

Just a ping here. Is it WAI behavior that 1P & Chrome don't play well together? It seems like running 1PW via Rosetta (and Chrome natively) seems to prevent the two from connecting

This discussion has been closed.