Issue When I fill in additional text to verify my identiy when logging in websites

On some of my banking web sites (i.e PNC), I have elected to use
a text code to verify my identity when I login. An addition dialog box
is displayed and I then enter my code. 1password then always generates
an additional dialog box at that point to ask if I want to create a new login
or update my current login entry. I will reply to ignore and move on at that
point.

This isn't really a problem, but a nuisance. If there is any way around this
issue please let me know. Otherwise this is something I can tolerate as
it is just an tiny issue and I know you have more pressing issues to deal with.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

1Password Version: Version 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member

My issue is with firefox. I used to use Safari, which captured the text from messages and gave me a prompt below the entry field. I used to click on the prompt and Safari would fill it in automatically. Safari starting acting somewhat eratically after the last update on Catalina so I went to firefox instead. I think it behaves the same on chrome as firefox as far and the additional dialog box.

• Hey @rickapel. It sounds like the field on that page for the two-factor code is coded as a password field, so 1Password sees some text entered into, and upon submission notices that it's different from what's saved in that login. What you can do is add that website's domain to the autosave exclusion list, located under 1Password > Preferences > Browsers.

Note that you need to enter just the domain/subdomain, not the https and other details. For example, if I wanted to enter https://www.facebook.com/login into the exclusions list, I would enter only www.facebook.com or facebook.com.

Let me know if this helps! Of course, if you ever do actually update your password on this site, this would prevent the prompt from showing in that circumstance, too, so it's something to be aware of. Although thankfully, with passwords randomly and uniquely generated by 1Password, changing an individual site's password isn't something you should have to do too often. :smile:

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

@ag_michaelc the exclusion list entry worked perfectly. Every time I create an entry in the forum I learn a little bit more about 1password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of ag_michaelc, you are welcome @rickapel! We are always here if you have any questions :)

This discussion has been closed.