Unknown Login Entry

Options
Bagsy
Bagsy
Community Member

On a login page for a website to the right of a login suggestion is a small image of a key. When clicked on, this will give you a list of other suggestions headed “choose a saved password to use”. I have an application which when I click on the key image gives me a list of three alternatives one of which does not exist in any category in my 1 password account. So where’s it getting it from and how do I delete it??

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bagsy!

Perhaps you stored this outside of 1Password, for example on iCloud. If you go to the Settings app on your iOS device > Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords, do you perhaps have the iCloud Keychain option enabled too, in addition to 1Password?

• Bagsy
    Bagsy
    Community Member
    Options

Keychain isn’t selected only 1Password. Even if it was there nothing in there, I don’t keep passwords on my phone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bagsy:

In this case, you might just need to refresh the autofill cache. Make sure that the Autofill extension has had time to refresh after you updated information in the main 1Password app. To do so, open 1Password on your iOS device and go to Settings > Password AutoFill, and wait until data has updated.

Does the login disappear from the list now?

• Bagsy
    Bagsy
    Community Member
    Options

i’ve just sorted this by using the old tried and tested fix of switching my phone off and back on again. i guess that’s cleared out a few buffers. All good now thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @Bagsy! I am glad to hear that a reboot fixed this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.