1Password 6 and Edge

Comments

• dkg
    dkg
    Community Member

I also cannot get the 1Password Mini to operate in Edge. I have verified that the '2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json' file is in the NativeMessagingHosts folder for /Chrome and for /Chrome Canary and for /Microsoft Edge.

All I get when clicking on the 1P Mini icon in the menubar is the message 1Password extension (desktop app required). Quitting and restarting 1Password, 1Password Mini, MS Edge, and the Mac have not solved the problem. Any other suggestions ?

Using Edge v. 87.0.664.47, MacOS 10.15.7, and Chrome v. 87.0.4280.67

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dkg:

What version of the 1Password for Mac desktop app is this happening with? And can you confirm that it is installed in the main Applications folder on your Mac?

• dkg
    dkg
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply.

My 1Password app V. 6.8.9 is installed in the Applications Folder at the HD level.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dkg:

Thank you for the additional information. I see that you are running the old 1Password 6, so I have split your comment into a separate discussion and put it in the legacy section of the forum, since the other users were all running the latest version of 1Password (7.7).

I don't believe we added support to the Edge browser in 1Password 6 (looking at our changelog, the feature was introduced in version 7.4.2), so this is very likely why the workaround is not working for you. I am afraid that if you want to use 1Password with the new Edge browser, you will have to upgrade to 1Password 7 (or keep using 1Password 6 with any other supported browser, Chrome included).

This discussion has been closed.