GUI issue: Favorite star not showing it's been selected on Big Sur

Options
kenj
kenj
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

The "favorite star" at the top of the window is not highlighting (i.e. showing it's been selected). This only appears to be happening on Big Sur (my High Sierra iMac does properly show the star filled in). Placing an item in favorites still works properly, it's just that you cannot tell by looking at the star. This used to work properly on Big Sur and High Sierra prior to the last update. So I suspect may this is a regression.

I have 2 iMac's - one on Big Sur and the other on High Sierra. Both are running the same version of 1PW.

1Password 7
Version 7.7 (70700015)
1Password Store

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kenj!

Thank you for reporting this! I see the same thing here, so I will open an internal issue to ask the developers to take a look at this :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kenj:

I discussed this with a team member, and we noticed that the star is just displayed differently. Before Big Sur, the star was all colored, but now it just gets its borders highlighted. So it is still highlighted, just in a more subtle way, possibly because of the Big Sur design changes.

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

The problem is that it’s impossible to see the change. In fact, switching between favorite and non-favorite, there is NO visible change. The border highlighting is so subtle that the brightness of your screen affects whether it's even distinguishable. Realize the screen grabs below are about 5 times larger than they normally are on the screen. Can you change the color of the star or fill it in somehow??

I highly recommend finding a way to make it more visible (i.e. accessibility).

Non-favorite

Favorite

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thanks @kenj. I agree, it is difficult to distinguish particularly in certain lighting etc. We'll see what we can do to improve that.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#5147

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben as well, you are welcome :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kenj:

I wanted to send you a quick update about this: the way favorites show in Big Sur has been addressed in the latest beta already. If you are already on the beta channel, you can update to the latest beta version already, otherwise it's just a matter of waiting for the next stable version to be published :)

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the update. It looks good.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @kenj, I am happy to hear this :)

This discussion has been closed.