1Password app slow to sync new login entries

SierraEchoHotel
SierraEchoHotel
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

I've had this happen twice now - once actively as I type. Created a new login on a site using the Chrome plug-in, saved to my personal vault. I can see the new login in the web client; I can see the new login in my iPad 1Password app; but the new login doesn't appear in the Mac app on the same laptop where I created it. Eventually it will download, but it takes hours. This is new behaviour I haven't seen before. Anyone else?

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-11 (70700011)
Extension Version: 1.22.4
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password Teams

Comments

• SierraEchoHotel
    SierraEchoHotel
    Community Member

The new login did finally appear in the app - just about one hour later.

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2020

@SierraEchoHotel

I relocated your post to the Mac beta section as you indicated you were using that version of 1Password. I believe you are experiencing an issue the developers are looking into. If you change vaults and then back again, does the item appear quicker?

• SierraEchoHotel
    SierraEchoHotel
    Community Member

Of course now I can't reproduce it, created passwords are appearing immediately!

• @SierraEchoHotel

That's always how it works. :chuffed: If or when you can, please let us know.

• SierraEchoHotel
    SierraEchoHotel
    Community Member

So it happened again, and yes if I switched to another vault and then back the new item appeared.

• @SierraEchHotel.

Thanks for the confirmation. I will be sure to mention this to the team.

ref: dev/apple/issues#4835

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member

I can confirm this is still an issue with 1Password 7.7 release, I had an item I put on 1password for Mac yesterday, it would not appear on a different computer. Switching to another vault and then switching back, the item now appears on the second computer. Please fix this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pinskerj:

What sync method are you currently using?

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member

1password.com account

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pinskerj:

After creating this new item, do you see it right away on the 1Password.com website, even while it was not appearing on this other computer?

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member

I will check this, it must be though, because although I don't use the 1password.com website really ever, the vault change trick always works. Even today just now this happened for an item I edited yesterday, it is out of sync and did not show up with the correct edited password on my other Mac. So I chose another vault, reselected the original vault, now it is in sync and I see the correct new password I made yesterday on the other Mac.

This discussion has been closed.