Family account issue with setting up my spouse

dannyhidefire
dannyhidefire
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Families

I'm trying to set up my wife on my family account I just sent her an invite to join but when she hit the link in her email it takes her to the login page that asks for website, email, secret key, master password. I've tried her email but it's not working. Mine obviously works. Does she need to set up an account separate from mine for her then be added to the family plan? I thought that was the point of having one family account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:setting up family member in family account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dannyhidefire! Welcome to the forum!

Does she need to set up an account separate from mine for her then be added to the family plan?

No, she just needs to create one from your invitation link. If after clicking on the invitation link she is prompted for an existing Secret Key and Master Password (instead of creating a new one), it sounds like she had another 1Password account that she used in this browser before. Can this be the case?

• dannyhidefire
    dannyhidefire
    Community Member

That might be the case. I think I may have made a mistep. Is there a way to start over?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dannyhidefire:

Before starting over, can she try opening the invitation link in a new browser, or in a private browser window, to make sure that there are no details coming from a 1Password account she might have created herself separately?

This discussion has been closed.