Unlocking 1password desktop app doesn't unlock Chrome extension

Options

Is this normal behavior on Windows?...because on Mac if I unlock the desktop application it also unlocks all 1password browser extensions

I just installed everything today so I have the latest version.

Thanks

Comments

• projectguru
    projectguru
    Community Member
    Options

Is this normal behavior on Windows?...because on Mac if I unlock the desktop application it also unlocks all 1password browser extensions

I just installed everything today so I have the latest version.

Also, 1password should fix this forum site because for some strange reason the first time I pressed the [Post Discussion] button to post this message I got a red alert telling me that a spam block is in effect. This is not the first time I see this strange behavior. See attached.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @projectguru!

What version of the 1Password browser extension have you installed? From what you are saying, it sounds like you installed 1Password X on this computer (which has separate lock settings from the desktop app), while you have the companion browser extension installed on your Mac (this extension locks together with the desktop app instead).

• projectguru
    projectguru
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana

I no longer have access to the PC in question as it's my sister's and she lives in another city so right now I can't tell you what version of the 1Password browser extension I have—but as I mentioned in my previous message I have the latest version.

I'm not sure I understand what 1Password X is. All I know is that two days ago I installed the Chrome extension as well as the desktop application on my sister's Windows PC and unlocking the desktop application DOES NOT unlock the chrome extension. If this indeed is normal behavior please fix this because it's a pain to have to enter the master pw twice (i.e., once for the desktop application and again for the Chrome extension)

Please confirm if that's normal behavior or not.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020
    Options

@projectguru:

1Password X is our latest version of the browser extension, designed to run entirely in the browser without the need to install the 1Password desktop app. You can read more about it here:

1Password X

The companion browser extension is our older browser extension, the one that required the 1Password app to be installed.

As I wrote in my previous post, it sounds like you installed 1Password X, so what you are seeing is normal behavior. If you don't like it, you can use the companion browser extension instead.

This discussion has been closed.