[Feature Request] Add Watchtower Tab/Category at the Bottom of the Screen for both iOS and iPadOS

Shawzborne
Shawzborne
Community Member

Hello Team,

Please add a watchtower tab/category at the bottom of the screen for both iOS and iPadOS. This should have been done long ago. Your goal should be to unify the 1Password UI/UX across all platforms for iOS/iPadOS, Android, macOS, and Windows 10. This is currently not the case.

Thank-you,

Shawn

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 14.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Shawzborne!

Your goal should be to unify the 1Password UI/UX across all platforms for iOS/iPadOS, Android, macOS, and Windows 10.

It definitely is one of our goals :+1:

Please add a watchtower tab/category at the bottom of the screen for both iOS and iPadOS. This should have been done long ago.

We also have to keep in mind differences between platforms. For example, on iOS there is usually much less screen space than on a computer, so we need to make our choices on what to show by default. Right now, if you open the iOS app you see Favorites, Categories, Tags and Settings. Which ones of these would you suggest we remove to make space for Watchtower?

• Shawzborne
    Shawzborne
    Community Member

@ag_ana

Well I have a few ideas.

(still waiting for Agile to hire me after many years of emails and trying fyi)

Design 1.1:

Bottom bar displays on both iOS and iPadOS in this order left to right: Watchtower (security should be first importance to the user being a password manager), Items, Tags. As for the order could be discussed among the team.

Settings is no longer a main header/tab but is now a gear icon which is placed top left of every section on both iOS and iPadOS. Since "+" button is used on the right side within the Items section and "Edit" is used on the right side within tags so would not change the UX or flow too much. I still remember what Apple did to the mail app (which I no longer have installed on iOS).

• Watchtower

• Items (renamed from Categories)
      - Favorites section is placed within Items tab just below Search bar above All Items.

• Tags

This design frees up room for 1 future tab

Design 1.2 (security feeling at the core/center/heart of 1Password):

• Items

• Watchtower

• Tags

Design 2.1

• Favorites

• Watchtower

• Items

• Tags

I have many design options in my head but will take me forever to list here and it would have to be a poll created internally on slack or something or publicly on twitter for example. That is if you also are unable to do the option below with customizable tabs.

One possibility to be honest with you, for the greatest flexibility among all users is to make the bottom tabs interchangeable and customizable. Within settings you can reorder and select which tabs you want to appear where on the bottom bar.

This discussion has been closed.