Feature Request: increase Travel Mode functionality

J_schwinn
J_schwinn
Community Member
edited June 2020 in Lounge

Instead of a global on/off for Travel Mode it may be helpful to:

Move the Travel Mode toggle to individual authorized devices. For example I may want to have certain vaults active on my desktop but not on my cell.

or, even more granular - allow vault sets to be assigned to specific authorized devices. For example set A for my desktops and set B for devices that are more portable. Or, if its ever safe to fly on an airplane again :) it would may be appropriate to keep Travel Mode on for the devices/vaults that I have left home/office while I have access to some vaults on my cell.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Great thoughts here, @J_schwinn. I'll be happy to share them with the team. :)

Ben

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member

I was researching about the travel mode feature and saw this post. I think it’s already possible to set travel mode per devices, but only with a business account, is that right ? Anyway, I would love to add my vote to an increased travel mode for individual accounts.
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback! Honestly I don't see that as being feasible or advisable for non-business accounts as it does require additional development, testing, and support resources (people already are "missing" data on devices because of Travel Mode), but it's something we can continue to evaluate. Cheers! :)

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    edited December 2020

OK. For now, I still use keychain on my iPhone, as I don’t want ALL my sensitive data on it. I would love, however, to only use one Password manager. I admit that I’m surprised to hear that it would ask so much resource to add a feature that already exists in the business tier, but I’m certainly not a developer myself.
    Have a nice day

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tetardbleu:

Thank you, you have a nice day too! And thank you again for taking the time to share this feedback with us :)

This discussion has been closed.