Green Shield Canada Member Sign In (username does not autofill but password does)

Shawzborne
Shawzborne
Community Member
edited October 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I am just reporting that the green shield Canada member sign in page needs to be looked at the username does not autofill but password does.

https://onlineservices.greenshield.ca/planmember/AccessMgmt/Public/SignOn.aspx

Thank-you,

Shawn

_1Password Version:7.6
_Extension Version:4.7.5.90
_OS Version:macOS 10.15.7
_Sync Type:Dropbox

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Shawzborne ,

You didn't mention any information about your setup - which operating system you're on, which browser you are using, what version of 1Password do you have installed etc.

I tested this website in Chrome on my Mac using 1Password 7.7 beta and I did see that on the first autofill attempt, there's some weird focus problem in the username field that the website is making, and the password field is then autofilled. On the second attempt at autofilling (pressing CMD+\ one more time) the username field does autofill properly.

Alternatively, In my second test, when the page loaded up I manually clicked the username field with my mouse, then autofilled and it worked correctly.

If you can provide me with more information on your setup I'll be happy to try and reproduce things more accurately, but you can also simply try and save a new login like I did: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/
    Then, when you load the website, click the username field and only then autofill.

• Shawzborne
    Shawzborne
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

1Password Version:7.6
    Extension Version:4.7.5.90
    OS Version:macOS 10.15.7
    Sync Type:Dropbox

• Hello @Shawzborne,

Thank you for the information; I confirm that 1Password 7.6 1Password can fill if you focus the username input field before using 1Password. Could you please let me know if that is also the case from your end?

• Shawzborne
    Shawzborne
    Community Member

@nhat_1P Yes that is the case.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the report, @Shawzborne! I'm definitely seeing some strange behavior. It looks like this site is utilizing hidden fields. Both the username and password field have an attribute of style="display: none;". Once focus is placed inside each field, the field changes, and the display: none attribute is removed. I'll pass the report along to our developers to see if there's any chance we can behave better on this site.

ref: dev/core/core#1831

• Shawzborne
    Shawzborne
    Community Member

@kaitlyn and @nhat_1P Thanks

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.