Empty extension on Apple Silicon

This discussion was created from comments split from: Firefox extension stopped working.

Comments

• cpharrin12
    cpharrin12
    Community Member

I opened up Firefox on my new Macbook Air M1. Suddenly the 1password extension was a blank box when I clicked on it and then it stopped responding. I've tried restarting both. When I reinstall the 1password extension, it opens this in a new tab: moz-extension://cd207ca8-b99f-3a41-b7ec-491d33efbf35/app/app.html#/page/welcome but nothing happens. And then firefox stops responding. Any ideas?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cpharrin12:

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you trying to install?

• cpharrin12
    cpharrin12
    Community Member

@ag_ana I believe Version 1.22.3

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @cpharrin12! Thanks for the report. We've had a few other users report similar, if not the exact same, issues with Firefox on M1 Macs. You can check out the discussion we've been having over here. The issue has been reported to Mozilla, but I don't have much info other than that. Do you happen to have Chrome installed on your Mac? If so, can you double check that 1Password X is working well for you there?

ref: dev/core/core#3766

• cpharrin12
    cpharrin12
    Community Member

Thanks for the help @kaitlyn! I can confirm it does work on Chrome.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020

@cpharrin12 – Absolutely! I'm happy to help, although I wish I had a better solution for you. Hopefully you're able to use Chrome for the time being.

This discussion has been closed.