Open Fill option will not work

rortiz312000
rortiz312000
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

When I click on the "Open and Fill" option, website will not open, actually nothing happens. I have to manually copy and paste the userid and password. I'm on Safari and using 1Password7 desktop app.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OX 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Website will not open when clicking on open and fill

Comments

• Hey @rortiz312000! If you open Safari and go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions, is the 1Password extension listed, and is the box next to it checked (in other words, is it turned on?)? Do you see the 1Password icon in the toolbar in Safari?

• rortiz312000
    rortiz312000
    Community Member

Hi ag_michaelc. Thanks for responding. Yes, the extension is listed and turned on and the icon shows up on the toolbar.

• @rortiz312000, if you go directly to a page you have a login for (not through open and fill, but just by visiting the page) and open 1Password mini (through the toolbar icon), do you see your login with an AutoFill button, and does that work to fill your credentials?

• rortiz312000
    rortiz312000
    Community Member

@ag_michaelc, I opened a page I normally log into and when I click the 1Password mini, it does not work. There are no options or to autofill. You can't tell in the image, but if you can see the arrow on 1Password mini icon, I'm clicking it!

• Hello @rortiz312000,

Do you see the 1Password icon on the left side of the address bar in Safari (Not the 1Password mini in the menu bar)? If you do, please try these steps to see if we can bring 1Password back or not.

Open 1Password => click on "1Password 7" (on the top left corner of your computer) => A drop-down menu will appear with the word "Quit 1Password at the bottom" => Hold down the Control and Option keys on your keyboard, while holding the Control and Option keys, select “Quit 1Password Completely” => quit all browsers => restart your computer.

If that doesn't work, to have a better idea of what is going on and give you proper instruction, please send a diagnostics report from your Mac to our support site here: https://support.1password.com/contact-us/

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#$$MASK$$]

• rortiz312000
    rortiz312000
    Community Member

@ag_michaelc, I opened a page I normally log into and when I click the 1Password mini, it does not work. There are no options or to autofill. You can't tell in the image, but if you can see the arrow on 1Password mini icon, I'm clicking it!

• rortiz312000
    rortiz312000
    Community Member

All is working, after I rebooted my Mac.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@rortiz312000 – What happens when you click the 1Password icon to the left of your URL bar rather than the icon on the macOS menu bar? I'm just curious if you see any different results.

As for the issue, I haven't been able to reproduce it on my end. When I Open and Fill on manage.fleetone.com, the website is opens, and my credentials fill right away (as you can see in my gif below)

I'm curious if you see the inline menu in Safari when you visit manage.fleetone.com. I can't see it in your screenshot, which has me scratching my head. Did you happen to disable the inline menu in Safari? Here's a screenshot of exactly what I mean:

• rortiz312000
    rortiz312000
    Community Member

I get the same behavior now. I'm not sure why it wasn't doing that before. I have not messed with any Safari settings either.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@rortiz312000 – Oops, I suppose I should have refreshed the page before I sent my last reply. 🙈 I'm glad to hear things are working well for you now!

• rortiz312000
    rortiz312000
    Community Member

I get the same behavior now. I'm not sure why it wasn't doing that before. I have not messed with any Safari settings either.

• rortiz312000
    rortiz312000
    Community Member

Thank you all for your support in stepping in and following through!!!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I hope you have a great rest of your week. :chuffed:

If anything else comes up, we'll be here for you.

This discussion has been closed.