1Password fills OTP codes into Badge background color field in Github App settings

Options
lucacasonato
lucacasonato
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to a GitHub org and create a GitHub App (in my case https://github.com/organizations/kubetesting/settings/apps/my-test-app-lcas-dev)
  2. Make sure you are not in GitHub sudo mode, and that your account has 2FA enabled, with OTP saved in 1Password.
  3. On the GitHub App overview page (https://github.com/organizations/kubetesting/settings/apps/) click Edit on your GitHub App.
  4. You will be prompted to enter your username and password to enter Sudo mode. Autocomplete this with 1Password.
  5. You will not be prompted for a OTP when accessing sudo mode (because you are already signed in). Instead after entering username and password you will be sent straight to the GitHub Apps edit page page. If you added a logo to your app, there will be a Badge background color field. 1Password incorrectly fills an OTP into that field.

1Password Version: n/a
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• Hey @lucacasonato. Thanks for getting in touch. :smile: I was mostly able to reproduce this (I say mostly because I can't seem to get out of sudo mode at the moment, but I can get 1Password X to fill in that field from the pop-up), so I've submitted a bug report for our developers to take a further look. Thanks for reporting this to us!

ref: dev/core/core#3799

• lucacasonato
    lucacasonato
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome. Thanks 😊

• You're quite welcome! We always appreciate any opportunities to improve the autofill experience. :smile:

• jd_lewin
    jd_lewin
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Aloha @lucacasonato,

I'm writing to let you know that our latest release of 1Password in your browser has addressed the filling issue you reported. You'll want to quit and re-open your browser to ensure you've got the latest version, but after that you should have the wind at your back.

🤙🏻🌴🌺

• lucacasonato
    lucacasonato
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome! Thanks a bunch. Will try it out in the coming days.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good :+1:

This discussion has been closed.