How do I stop 1password pop up in chrome on every sign in page?

Options

Cannot find a setting anywhere. Found reference to a setting but it is not obvious were it is found

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cwoodffr, I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with 1Password.

Could you please tell me what version of 1Password extension you have in your browser now? It will help me understand which pop-up you see on your side.

You can also attach a screenshot of it here, here is how:

However, please make sure to conceal any sensitive information that could be there. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• cwoodffr
    cwoodffr
    Community Member
    Options

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cwoodffr, thank you for the info!

It sounds like you use a 1Password companion extension in your browser. Can you confirm that if you unlock 1Password first before you open your browser and sign in to your account, 1Password doesn't prompt you to save/update? This is a security measure, 1Password does not know what you data you have until you unlock first. It's trying to save the data but it needs access to your encrypted content before it knows if it should save or not.

You can increase auto-lock timer in 1Password 7 for Windows, so it won't prompt you to unlock 1Password extension too often. It can be done in 1Password 7 > 1Password > Settings > Security > Auto-lock.

Alternatively, you can disable Autosave completely or add some of the websites to the exception list. This setting can be found in 1Password 7 > 1Password > Settings > Browsers > Autosave:

Let me know if it helps. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.