password with **********

Hello Community,
I was logging in my Bank account this morning and 1Password asked me to update my password which I did even if I didn't changed it. It did logged in my Bank account and did my usual stuff.

I then closed my session and opened 1Password to see the new password that was filled in and that password is 10 stars --> **********. Listed as "terrible".

I have the same issue with my iOS app, but still try to figure out what is going on. Of course, I can log in with this password but even if I put the proper password, 1password still ask me to update with those stars...

Any idea?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 70700015
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.0.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:password with **********

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @alexJoyal – sorry for the trouble! This has been reported to our developers, and we're working on finding a resolution. For the time being, you can add your bank's website URL (www.[insertbankname].com) to the exclusion list here:

To get there, open 1Password's Preferences, then click on the Browsers tab. That should stop the prompts for now. The next thing you'll want to do is get your old password back. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open your bank Login item in the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Move your cursor over the password.
    3. Click the down arrow and choose View Password History.

From there, you should be able to copy your old password, edit the item, and paste the proper password to replace the asterisks.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

ref: dev/core/core#3005

• alexJoyal
    alexJoyal
    Community Member

That worked perfectly. Thanks for your help.
    I did something else yesterday that looks like this:
    When prompted to save my "new" password, I saved it using a new login (not updating) and name that new login "broken". So when I log in, I can select the right one.

• @alexJoyal

I am happy to hear things are once again back in working order. I have to admit I rather like the idea of adding the term broken to some of my test logins. I have been here a long time and I continue to find new ways of using 1Password thanks to our users. Thanks again for sharing. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.