Unlock 1Password is always asking for master password

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member

All day long I'm being asked to enter the master password to unlock 1Password. Normally it offers to use TouchID on my MBP, but it stopped doing that for some reason. .

Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003) 1Passw
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

It stopping it in the afternoon. Oh well. One of those things.

• @TomWolsky

That's odd behavior for sure. Please let us know if you experience it again.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Will do.

• vagaerg
    vagaerg
    Community Member
    edited December 2020

I am having the same issue as of the latest Beta - it started today. Whenever I close the laptop's lid or after a period of inactivity, I need to enter the master password every time

1Password 7
    Version 7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003)
    1Password Beta
    macOS 11.1 Beta on an Apple Silicon MBP

• leesutton
    leesutton
    Community Member

Same issue on 7.7.1.BETA-3- requiring master PW every time and not remembering to use Touch ID. Is enabled in settings. I'm going to roll-back a beta version 7.7.1.BETA-2

@ag_tommy maybe a gremlin in the code somewhere?

• Dragon
    Dragon
    Community Member

Yep, started happening here today too, asked for master password 3 or 4 times today so far.

• pimlottc
    pimlottc
    Community Member

This also just started happening for me, has happened a few times now. Running 7.7.1.BETA-3 on Chrome 86.

• SpaethCo
    SpaethCo
    Community Member

Also happening here on x86 w/ Big Sur 11.0.1

1Password 7
    1Password Beta

• howardellacott
    howardellacott
    Community Member

Yep exact same with TouchID since 7.7.1BETA3 Big Sur 11.0.1. Also doesn't work with Apple Watch.

• ScottAG
    ScottAG
    Community Member

This doesn't happen for me every time, but definitely every morning I'm greeted with having to type my master password with an M1 MBA.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Occurring to me too, just after the last public beta. Changing the setting that can change the behaviour has no effects. Tried with 2 days, one week and two weeks.

• onepasswordguy
    onepasswordguy
    Community Member

+1 on this issue with 7.7.1.Beta-3

• phonghtran1
    phonghtran1
    Community Member

+1

1Password 7
    Version 7.7 (70700015)
    1Password Store

MBP 2017 Big Sur 11.0.1

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

I'm not able to find a pattern to reproduce it, I've tried to:

• log out from my account on macOS device
    • restore the device from the stop mode
  • benmart
    benmart
    Community Member

This exact same thing is happening to me on my air

1Password 7
    1Password Beta

Seems to be happening on this computer where I have the beta have not noticed it on my other devices that I have seen any pattern.

• Mike Brust
    Mike Brust
    Community Member

Same here.
    Beta 3

Restarting Mac helps for a while and then I need to enter the Master Password. No touchid or Apple Watch accepted

• MVRLon
    MVRLon
    Community Member

Just another me too

1Password 7
    1Password Beta

Mac OS 11.1 Beta (20C5061b)

MB Pro 16"

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

Same here. 7.7.1 Beta-3, Big Sur 11.1 Beta

• onepasswordguy
    onepasswordguy
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Any chance someone has looked into this? I'm consistently having this behavior all day long and it's been happening since getting on this build. Once I do login with password then it seems ok. If I manually lock the vault right away, then it does allow me to unlock with Touch ID.

Then as I work throughout the day and at some point I need to unlock 1Password, boom, enter your password :-(

1Password 7
    1Password Beta

• @onepasswordguy et al.

Development is continuing to look into the situation. Hopefully they can get a new beta out as quickly as possible to address this issue. My apologies for the delay.

• eljt
    eljt
    Community Member

+1 for this issue on 7.7.1.BETA-3. Just adding myself to the thread so I get updates as the situation is resolved. Thanks!

• medee88
    medee88
    Community Member

I'll add a +1 as well. M1 MacBook Air, Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29) started with 7.7.1.BETA-3 (7.7.1.BETA-2 worked great). I thought I was going crazy then I found this thread. Thanks for looking into it!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you both for the additional information :+1:

• rocrose
    rocrose
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. Constantly asking for Master Password since update.

• pindoctor
    pindoctor
    Community Member

Same issue since updating to Version 7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003) on M1 MacBook Air

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you as well for the update. Hopefully we will have an update soon :+1:

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

@ag_ana @ag_tommy I'm happy to tell you that after some normal use and double checks, the issue is fixed in last beta, thanks.

• Mike Brust
    Mike Brust
    Community Member

It seems that BETA4 fixed this issue although I cannot find it explicitly in the release notes.
    But current behaviour indicates it is fixed

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

@Mike Brust: Fixed an issue that could cause premature requirement to enter your master password when unlocking 1Password. {#5128}

• Xipper
    Xipper
    Community Member

I continue to see these problems in Beta4, in fact I don't think I saw the issue until Beta4 updated...so clearly this is not fixed.

This discussion has been closed.