Safari Extension and 1Password Mini not working on new Macbook install

patrickl
patrickl
Community Member

I have just replaced my Mac with a new Silicon machine. 1Password itself seems to work but I cannot get Safari to provide password/card details etc and the 1Password Mini icon appears to lock regularly. Any ideas?
I have 1Password 7.7 extension installed and have tried a complete shutdown ctrl-opt-cmd-Q.If I right-click in a password box I get a login to 1password image - but it doesn't allow me to login either via password or via touch id. The screen doesn't disappear. 1Password mini then appears to not work at all until shutdown/restart.
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Patrick

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• minnellac
    minnellac
    Community Member

I'm seeing something very similar on my 2015 5k i7 iMac with Big Sur and Safari. The 1Password icon appears in web pages with login boxes, but clicking it only reveals the an unresponsive Unlock 1Password box. Also, the 1Password Mini menu bar is non-functional in any workspace with Safari in it. I can switch to a different workspace and mini works fine, but it is pretty annoying to have to switch workspaces, copy, switch back, paste, etc. Everything seems to work fine in Chrome.

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

That sounds very similar!
    I think you are right - mini works in non-Safari workspaces - but not if Safari is involved

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @patrickl!

1Password itself seems to work but I cannot get Safari to provide password/card details etc

Do you mean that the 1Password inline menu does not show up at all, when you click on a username or password field in a login form?

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

If I click on a username or password field I get a small graphic image of 1Password with a clickable button that says 'Unlock 1Password' but clicking on it doesn't input anything and causes the screen to flicker

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

And as said previously, the 1Password Mini icon in the top toolbar does not work if a Safari workspace is selected but it does with there Apps

• JasonV
    JasonV
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue on a new M1 MacBook Pro. 1Password is installed and shows the icon in the menu bar. If Safari is the active window, neither the 1Password keyboard shortcut or clicking on the 1Password icon in the menu bar does anything. Username and password fields will not show the autofill info for 1Password. However, if you make any other program active (finder, mail, messages, etc) then the menu icon and the keyboard shortcut work fine to open 1Password mini.

• guitarbruce
    guitarbruce
    Community Member

I too am having the very recent issue of the mini not working in Safari (unless the main 1Password app is open). The min works in every of app except Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you all for the feedback! I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

Hi. I have run the diagnostic report and sent it to both the email you gave and to the one included in the instructions for running the report. I have not yet had a ticket number back from either of these email addresses. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@patrickl:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: UDZ-24784-163

• Ian Robathan
    Ian Robathan
    Community Member

Just to say another person here with the same problem, my shortcut does not fill in the page. Will keep checking this page for an update as functionality is limited.

Tried also Firefox on my MacBoor Air/Big sur and same issues ...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Ian Robathan:

Every configuration is different, so I encourage you to reach out to us via email with a diagnostics report as well if you would like us to take a look at why this is happening to you :+1:

• MrUserGuy
    MrUserGuy
    Community Member

Same problem here.. JUST started today, i think after I updated to the newest version of 1Password.
    MacOS 11/Big Sur, Safari 14.01. ... Worked great for the last several years, then this morning the Safari extension/mini-browser stopped working - click on it and nothing happens..
    When the 1Password icon appears on webpages in the password field, clicking on it does nothing.. Yelling does nothing, throwing things..does nothing.

• epskionline
    epskionline
    Community Member

Configurations may be different, but this specific issue appears to be widespread, and it appears to be tied to the update that introduced the in-line form filling pop-up. It smells a lot like a bug. I ran the diagnostic and sent it in. No ticket # as of yet (just a support ID).

Installing the 7.7.1 beta did not resolve the issue.

• @epskionline

I have located your submission. One of the team will be in contact as soon as possible. Your support/ticket id is GAR-99652-473

ref: GAR-99652-473

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

As per the support entry two above this one - my install was a bit tricky and the Safari extension didn't initially load,
    I was unable to login using either mini or in-line initially but it all appears to work OK now!

I now think that it all does work BUT, when using either mini or in-line you need to be very careful where you click with the mouse to bring up the password or touchID entry boxes.
    I wonder whether these steps may need review just to ensure that inappropriate clicks don't lead people down a dead-end.

• @patrickl

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, your suggestions will help others. We have a new beta in the works that may help address any problematic clicking areas.

• Talarion
    Talarion
    Community Member

Same problem here..
    Newest version of 1Password.MacOS 11/Safari 14.01.
    1Password Mini crashes down, every time I do an autofill
    SOMETHING IS BROKEN

• MrUserGuy
    MrUserGuy
    Community Member

Update for others having this issue..
    On my system if I right-click on the 1Password Mini icon in the upper-left and select "Quit 1Password", then open the 1Password app (which re-launches the Mini icon), then close the regular 1Password app, the newly relaunched Mini icon works normally.. dont know if it will survive a reboot, but, its working for now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Talarion:

Have you sent us some logs via email too? What is your ticket number?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @MrUserGuy! Let us know how things go :+1:

• lukeehresman
    lukeehresman
    Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same problem. Everything was working fine, but I think 1Password was auto-updated to 7.7 yesterday. This morning I see the 7.7 new features popup, and now it doesn't work in Safari. I see the 1Password icon in my form fields in Safari, but when I click on it, it just shows the button "Unlock 1Password". When I click on it, 1Password crashes.

I have sent a diagnostic report. [#CBM-33321-433]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lukeehresman:

Thank you, found it! We will get back to you via email after analyzing your report :+1:

ref: CBM-33321-433

This discussion has been closed.