Password sharing?

how to share passwords between a business and a family account with use the same email address?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to share passwords between business and family account with the same email address?

Comments

• Hi @AHMED_O! I'd be happy to help out with this question. :smile:

As long as you're signed into both of the accounts at the same time through one of our apps, you can use these handy instructions to copy or move data from one account to the other:

Move or copy items in the apps

Just keep in mind that copying data will result in a true copy being made, so any future changes that you make to the original items won't reflect on the copied versions. :+1:

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_joshua for your response. Are there any way to make changes in the original to reflect on copies?

• @AHMED_O,

At this time, there isn't a way to share items across multiple accounts. To dig into this a bit further, do you mind sharing some information on why you'd like to be able to share items across multiple accounts? If you're signed into both of these accounts in one of our apps, you can access all of the data within each of them, and we generally recommend keeping work and personal data totally separated in their designated accounts. Especially if a work account is provided directly by an employer.

Any information you could share with us about this could be really helpful with passing this feedback over to the proper team!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@ag_joshua
    I think it's a good point to highlight in here. I have business account and I got family account with it. I'm singed to both on all devices. When I copy a password between both accounts and open "all vault" which is the one I use all time. The same password it showing twice "one from each account" which I find a bit confusing. To avoid that I've to choose one vault at a time which means keep moving between vaults "less confusion but convenience too".

• @AHMED_O,

Ah, thanks for this clarification! We'd definitely recommend keeping your individual Login and Password items within a single account instead of trying to keep them copied between two separate accounts, as this should help to prevent these duplicate entries you're seeing in All Vaults while using our apps.

You can use the business account's Private vault to contain all of your data specific to work, while the family account's Private vault can be the home for all of your personal data. And you'll continue to be able to access all of this data at the same time since you're logged into both accounts through our apps on all of your devices. :+1:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thank you very much. Sorted.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of ag_joshua, you are welcome @AHMED_O! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.