1password freezes up all the time on macOS big sur

Options
matthew2
matthew2
Community Member

1Passwords freezes up all the time or is extremely sluggish when it is working.

Why is this? Is this a widespread issue?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kevinrambaud
    kevinrambaud
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro 15" late 2016. I didn't have any issue before upgrading to Big Sur.

• matthew2
    matthew2
    Community Member
    Options

Ive emailed support now since no one has replied on here.. its driving me crazy.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @matthew2! Have you received a ticket number when you emailed us already?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kevinrambaud:

I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro 15" late 2016. I didn't have any issue before upgrading to Big Sur.

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• kevinrambaud
    kevinrambaud
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana I tried to send the diagnostics report to the email address you mentioned but it has been blocked. I received a message back saying "This message was blocked because its content presents a potential". Anyway, I saw that the development team has what it needs via this comment https://1password.community/discussion/comment/580032/#Comment_580032. If I can be of any help, let me know.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @kevinrambaud! Out of curiosity, what is the file format of the attachment you tried to send?

• kevinrambaud
    kevinrambaud
    Community Member
    Options

That's a zip file @ag_ana

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kevinrambaud:

Thank you for the confirmation. I asked because the only times I saw this in the past this happened because the customer was also trying to send us the diagnostics tool itself, not just the diagnostics report, and these files are normally blocked for security reasons. Perhaps our system saw something else in the message that it considered suspicious, or perhaps your email provider prevented the email from being sent because of a security rule.

This discussion has been closed.