Password formats in 1Password X do not match the available formats in 1Password Mac

Options

For instance, if I generated my passwords with "hyphens" and "capitalize a word" enabled in 1Password on my Mac, then the 1Password X passwords would not match my usual format

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ELLIOTTCABLE!

1Password X does not communicate with the 1Password desktop app, so it has separate settings (since it can work even without the desktop app installed). If you would like integration between the browser extension and the desktop app, you could give the companion browser extension a try.

• ELLIOTTCABLE
    ELLIOTTCABLE
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I might have phrased that poorly! I'm not looking for the settings to automatically sync (well, at least, that's not why I opened this thread) — I simply want to have the same setting available, i.e. for "use hyphens" to exist, at all, as a setting, on 1Password X.

As for the companion extension: I actually prefer it, but I just switched away, because I want to use the Privacy.com integration, and other support-threads have implied that the integration (and other new features) are never coming to the companion-extension. )=

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ELLIOTTCABLE – I've been attempting to decipher what it is you're reporting, but I haven't had much luck. Here's what I see when generating a password in 1Password for Mac:

And here's what I see when generating a password in 1Password X:

While the UI is a bit different, the password format is the same. Perhaps you're referring to the inline suggested password, which is a feature of 1Password X. The suggested password recipe cannot be changed, but you can access the full-featured 1Password X password generator if you'd like to fill a customized password. To get to the 1Password X password generator, click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then click the + button, then select Password Generator. Let me know if that helps!

• ELLIOTTCABLE
    ELLIOTTCABLE
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

This is odd. That's exactly what I'm looking for, but not what I see at all! When I click the "+" and then "Password" in 1Password X for FireFox, I'm led to this:

http://ell.io/i0RiQN4

(Thanks for looking into this for me, I'm always extremely impressed by the quality of 1Password's support; y'all do amazing work. I mean that. <3)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ELLIOTTCABLE ,

Instead of selecting "Password" in the selection menu, select the "Password Generator" (the first option in the list). That's where you'll want to generate new passwords from now on :)

This discussion has been closed.