Popup of Update/Create New not necessary

Options
DHK
DHK
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Why when I use 1Pass on Safari to fill in a name/pw and use what it gives me will a popup ask "Update or Create New"? It fed me the info.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: macOS 10..15.7
Sync Type: 1Pass

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DHK!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "it fed me the info"?

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member
    Options

I bring up a site in Safari that has a name/pw field and 1Pass brings up the small window that offers a suggestion for a login. I click on the the login I wanted and 1Pass fed the computer the info I had previously stored. At the same time as the site logged me in 1Pass popped up a box asking about New./Update the info. It doesn't happen on all sites... 1Pass forum signing worked fine, Bank of America did not, for example.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DHK:

Thank you for the clarification. If this is only happening on some websites, but not on others, it's possible that there have been changes to those websites recently, that make 1Password see differences when you login. If you create a new Login item from scratch for the Bank of America website, for example, does the popup appear when you login?

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member
    Options

I erased my login and tried again, and the same thing happened. I have several logins for this website and I wondered if that were the problem. I tried on another website where I have several logins and it worked fine.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DHK ,
    Can you please try saving a new login on this page: https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/sign-in/

After that, try using only this page when you want to log in and see if 1Password still asks if you want to update/save it when you try to log in.

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member
    Options

That fixed the problem. Thanks. What did they do?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure @DHK , but Bank of America is known to have a troublesome website when it comes to autofilling.

I hope this alternative login page will work better for you from now on. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.