How to force sync on Mac

DHK
DHK
Community Member

How can I force sync between computers? I made a change on a notebook, went to my iMac and it wasn't there, but WAS on my iPhone. I tried locking and unlocking 1Pass and now 10 minutes later it still hasn't shown up. I have internet connectivity on this iMac because I am writing this post : ) This is in a shared vault.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Pass

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DHK!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member

I created the report successfully, but didn't see a trouble ticket number anywhere. All I saw was a way to email you. I will send it with a link to this thread.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DHK:

You get a ticket number as soon as you have emailed us the report :+1:

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member

Haven't gotten it yet, but I did put a link to this thread in my email. David

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DHK:

Found it! We will take a look at the report and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: IEY-16454-431

• mfro
    mfro
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

Hi, are there any news on this issue? Two of my colleagues have the same problem. I updated a password field (not the main field, an extra added one) and it does not replicate to their local clients. On web its there.

1Password 7
    Version 7.7 (70700015)
    MacOS 10.15.7

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

@mfro, other users have found and some 1Password Support folks advised that switching to a different vault, then back again often works to force syncing.

• dunkoh
    dunkoh
    Community Member

I can confirm this too - my default on mac is the All Vaults view and my mac wasn't syncing to get a 2FA I added to an entry on my iPhone. Once toggled opened and clicked on an individual vault (it was even the one the entry was in) it refreshed or synced or something and the entry is now most recently modified in the list.

• Yes, please try switching vaults and back again while we continue to investigate your reports.

This discussion has been closed.