1Password 7 crashes browsers, can’t even access 1password website beyond main page

Options
pfw0409
pfw0409
Community Member

Last week I noticed Firefox would crash almost immediately after starting. Safari was marginally better but would still crash on some websites. Today I realized that it seemed to be pages with login fields where the 1password extension would have some interaction with the webpage. On pages where there was no login, the pages worked fine.

I uninstalled Firefox and had to uninstall 1Password 7 in order to uninstall the 1Password browser extension on Safari. After uninstalling the extension, all websites work fine in Safari. However, when I tried to download 1Password 7 again, Safari was unable to load the page. The same thing happens on any page from the 1Password website that is not the main page. I installed Chrome and experienced the same issue.

I’ve tried everything I can think of to resolve it - installed all security updates for macOS, cleared my history and cookies, restarted my mac, not sure what else I can do. I recently subscribed to 1Password 7 about a month ago, so this is pretty frustrating that I can’t even download it again. I’m running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on a mid 2012 MacBook Pro if it helps. Thanks for any assistance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pfw0409!

However, when I tried to download 1Password 7 again, Safari was unable to load the page

Do you mean that this happening if you visit our download page at this URL? If this is the one you are referring to, I have just tried opening it and it loaded for me right now.

• pfw0409
    pfw0409
    Community Member
    Options

It’s happening on any 1Password webpage that is not the homepage. What’s truly insane is I can’t even open the email message I received notifying me of your response from my MacBook, either in Chrome or Safari. All other unread emails opened just fine. I’m sending this from my phone. I assure you I’m not joking about this. I have no idea what to do here

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pfw0409:

Are you able to send us a video of this behavior?

• pfw0409
    pfw0409
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for replying. Eventually the issue started happening on other websites, not just 1Password. But for a day or 2 it really seemed to only be 1Password. I couldn't find a solution by searching and ended up backing up my hard drive and reinstalling macOS. If the problem resurfaces I will reach out for assistance again. Thanks!

• @pfw0409

Sounds good!

This discussion has been closed.