Can't access iCloud vault on iPhone after years of use; master password fails

Options
flachris
flachris
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

After years of no-issue use, suddenly, I can't access my iCloud vault on my iPhone. This was working without issue for 4-5 years, until, I believe, iPassword was updated on my iPhone to version 7. My Mac computer with iPassword 6.8.7 accesses the iCloud vault without issue using the same master password I have always used.

Now, on the iPhone, I get the following:

• Welcome to 1Password 7
  • Already using 1Pasword?
  • When I chose iCloud, I get "We found your vault stored in iCloud"
  • When I enter in the same master password I have used for the last 4-5 years to "Unlock", it fails.
  • This same password succeeds (as noted above) on my OS X Mac.

What I've done:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the App on my iPhone (multiple times), including deleting all data
  • Installed the App on a brand new iOS device (iPad); I get the SAME exact issue as above; I cannot access the vault I have used in iCloud for the last 4-5 years because the master password (that works on my Mac) fails
  • Confirmed the Mac App is using the "Primary" vault

What I think may be contributing and/or causing the issue is the iOS Apps getting confused with my "Frozen" "Families" 1Password.com account. 2 or 3 years ago I created a 1Password.com ("Families") account that is now "Frozen." I decided not to use it and to continue to use the installed applications syncing with my vault in iCloud. To sign-in to the 1Password.com account, I use the same master password that works on my Mac but now not on my iPhone. This vault ("Private"), though, is OLD and does not contain the same information as the iCloud "Primary" vault.

What do I do to:

1. Get 1Password on my iPhone to access the same iCloud vault which it has always been able to access and is currently working with my Mac?
  2. Get 1Password on new iPad to access the same iCloud vault which is working with my Mac and was working with my iPhone?

Suddenly not being able to sync and access the same one iCloud vault across multiple OS X and iOS devices invalidates the value proposition of this application.

Thank you.

1Password Version: OS X 6.8.7, iOS 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6, iOS 14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @flachris! Welcome to the forum!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at how your 1Password app is actually configured there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• flachris
    flachris
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_ana. I submitted the diagnostic report as requested. I didn't receive a ticket number but in the email I reference the title of this post.

• @flachris

I was able to locate your submission. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: RBH-23547-946

This discussion has been closed.