UI Feedback - seems to obtrusive

Options
Kengel
Kengel
Community Member

I also use Apple's Keychain quite a bit in combination with 1P - after getting 7.7 I immediately noticed the 1P dialog blocking me from just using the Apple PW manager without having to click around it. I just think the placement is a little obtrusive. I'd rather have an icon click in the form field to make the pop up appear than have it take over as the primary PW filler by default.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Kengel

We generally recommend disabling other password managers when using 1Password, to avoid having some data saved in one and other data saved in the other (and potentially conflicting).

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

If you'd prefer to keep that enabled you can instead revert 1Password to its previous functionality by disabling the 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Safari > Automatically show inline menu option. I hope that helps!

Ben

• Kengel
    Kengel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - yes that fixed the issue while still keeping 1P handy!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @Kengel! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• phonghtran1
    phonghtran1
    Community Member
    Options

+1

changed to preferences to match, but making a note here to support future consideration to changing the default UI behavior.

• @phonghtran1

Thank you for letting us know your preference. I'll pass along your feedback to the team.

• Brad Stewart
    Brad Stewart
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on this. How the new UI conflicts with the built in option is really bad. Honestly has me thinking alternatives.

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@brad stewart

There are a few option you can try. They may better align with your usage.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for show inline menu.

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this on my Macs. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field". Now whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field. * There seems to be a bug with this and you need to click the button once in order to hide the inline menu.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

ref: dev/apple/issues#5001

This discussion has been closed.