Unlock using Apple Watch doesn't work

Options
morinaka36
morinaka36
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

I have Mac mini (with M1 chip), Mac mini 2018 (Intel with T2) and MacBook Pro 2020 (Intel with T2) and all of them have the same problem: after initial setup of Apple watch unlock everything works fine, but eventually unlock stops working and in Security tab of Preferences it only shows "Set up Apple Watch" button on all devices. Quitting 1Password, toggling Apple Watch unlock in System Preferences or rebooting devices do not help. I suspect it happened after watch was unreachable or locked.
Unlock using Touch ID on my MacBook works fine.

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700015)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.0.1, 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@morinaka36: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the difficulty. Based on your description, some changes we've made in the current beta may help with that. You can follow the instructions here to use that:

https://support.1password.com/betas/?mac

If you're still having trouble, please let me know exactly what's happening and generate a fresh diagnostic report immediately so we can look at the logs:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please send it to support@1password.com and then post the Support ID you receive here so that we can track it down and take a look. Thanks in advance!

• gburleigh
    gburleigh
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Unlock with Apple Watch worked for me at first, then stopped working a few days ago. I enabled beta updates and updated 1password to the latest beta, then turned off Unlock with Apple Watch on Mac, rebooted, turned it back on, and rebooted again. Confirmed I can login to the Mac with Apple Watch. Still nothing in 1password. I have submitted a diagnostics report to support.

• @gburleigh

Thank you. I was able to locate your submission. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: MQA-37535-367

This discussion has been closed.