For many weeks now, my iOS Share UI won't show me logins, only credit cards and identities.

Options
ramatsu
ramatsu
Community Member

When I try to fill out web forms lately, the iOS share applet for 1password won't show me logins, only credit cards and identities.

As shown below, logins don't appear when "All" is chosen in the filter menu at the bottom. Even if I do a search for the login in the 1password applet, nothing turns up. I have to go out to the main app, where all my logins show up and copy and paste my password manually.

This has been going on for quite a while now. I assumed it was a bug that would get fixed with an update but especially at the holidays when I'm trying to do a lot of shopping, it's getting pretty frustrating.

This has been recurring on my iPad Pro, first generation. I don't recall if I've experience this on my phone or not, because I don't typically fill out a lot of forms on my phone.

1Password Version: iOS 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.2 and previous
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:iOS only shows identities and credit cards

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ramatsu!

Since you are using the latest version of iOS and of the 1Password app, is there a reason why you are not using password autofill instead of the old share sheet? It's a new way of filling credentials on websites that was introduced some time ago, and I recommend you give that a try ;)

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

• ramatsu
    ramatsu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, it probably has to do with the fact that my keychain does have login info for virtually everything, so even though I've turned it off in Settings and it doesn't record any new logins, it always presents me with the option.

Then, if I choose 1password instead of Keychain, I am presented a 1 password UI that a) also doesn't have my logins in it, just as the share sheet version doesn't; and b) also just vanishes after less than a second. So if that's the UX for autofill, I guess I reverted to the share sheet just because autofill has never worked for me. That's another aspect of iOS 1P that's been broken for me for a long time but I was going to log that issue after this one got sorted out. Sounds like they're related.

But, even if I could get autofill to work, is it the intention that the share sheet no longer presents my logins?

Thanks,
    Allen

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ramatsu:

If you open your Login item for this website inside the 1Password app, what is the value of the website field of the item?

• ramatsu
    ramatsu
    Community Member
    Options

The first one I tried did not have a url for some reason, and worked after I filled that in. So maybe that's been the issue and explains why it's intermittent. I'll keep an eye out for that if/when it comes up again, but assume for now that you nailed that, thanks!

• On behalf of Ana, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.