Where is the license file?

Options

I have 1Password 7.6.785 on Windows 7. I installed it on a new computer. I have a standalone license. My license states "This license may be used by Patrick Downs on as many PCs as needed." On the new PC I figured out how to "Sync Using Folder" (sheesh, that wasn't at all obvious) but now I'm in read-only mode.

I need to know how to find / create the license file. The license file seems to have an expected extension of onepassword7-license-win

Would a simple text file with my license key in it and this extension be all I need to provide?

Where is any of this documented?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:license file

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zITA,

When you purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Windows (or Mac), we send you a license email. That email contains the license file that you need in order to activate the copy of 1Password 7 for Windows on your second computer.

You can download your license file to your second PC and then double-click it to activate your copy of 1Password 7. This license will be stored in the Credentials Manager after that.

Please let me know if you need help finding your license file. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• zITA
    zITA
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I need to know how to find / create the license file. I cannot locate the email you refer to.

Thanks, Pat

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zITA:

Please shoot us a message to support+windows@agilebits.com and we will be happy to help. Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.