1password icon shows up in a field and blocks my view

Options
AMBesq
AMBesq
Community Member

I use a website to enter billing time, and whenever I try to fill in the amount of hours i billed, the 1password icon is showing up in that field and obscuring what I write. I guess it thinks I may want to type a password in there, but I don't. How can I turn this off? I'm using Big Sur and 1Password7 in Safari with the extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AMBesq!

What website is this exactly? Are we able to test it?

• AMBesq
    AMBesq
    Community Member
    Options

the website is mycase.com. here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about--the 1password lock is in the field at the bottom right, and it obscures parts of the numbers i type in the box. I used decimals a lot for that spot, like .3 or 1.5 and i can't see everything i'm writing and this field is not a password field so not sure why it populates it with the icon.

• @AMBesq

There are several possibilities open to you that you may wish to consider.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for show inline menu.

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this on my Macs. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show the inline menu when selecting a field." Now, whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

• AMBesq
    AMBesq
    Community Member
    Options

Great. Thank you @ag_tommy it worked for me.

• I'm glad you found that useful. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.