Feature Request: Click to Website Without Signing-In

Unless I've missed it (entirely possible) is there a means of clicking on the link button that takes you to the website and NOT sign-in? Like holding-down the Option key while clicking?

Many of my 1P logins are not in my browser bookmarks, therefor it would be convenient to have the ability to go to a website simply to peruse (via other links on the webpage) and not sign-in. Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Interesting feature request, F451!

I've always thought that the primary function of 1Password (within the context of web browsers) was to automatically log one into websites quickly, easily, and securely. Since, as you mention, web browsers already provide basic bookmarking functionality, I'm not sure how helpful it would be to add "basic" bookmarking to 1Password too, but I will certainly pass your request along to the developers.

For now, I think the simplest thing to do would be to copy the URL by clicking on it (rather than the circle arrow), then switch to your browser and paste the link in a new tab. Or just use browser bookmarks as you mentioned. :)

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • F451
    F451
    Community Member
    edited February 2012
    An example: For specific reasons I do not bookmark any of my financial logins. Therefor, 1P is my gateway into these sites. Sometimes, I merely wish to check rates instead of login to these sites. This is where I would simply like the ability to Option-Click in either 1P's main app or the browser add-on and connect to the site, but not login. Since 1P is all about privacy this is the main reason I do not have any of my important links as part of any of my web browser's bookmarks.

1P is already a basic bookmarking app to achieve what it does in the way of browser logins.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the additional information. I'll pass it along!
This discussion has been closed.