Upgrading from V6 to 7 issues

Options
jhooknc
jhooknc
Community Member

Upgrade on iMac running BigSur 11.0.1. App contents look fine but these are my following issues.

App on iMac is correct.
The web version of my vault is totally different and missing many entries. Not a big deal but concerning.
iPad and iPhone running 14.2.
Ran sync on both IOS devices after adding my new account information in the setting section. Both devices found the WLAN server and sync was ok.
iPhone looks fine. iPad has duplicate entries for each item.

How do I get the iPad and web version to look like the master on my iMac and iPhone?

This is scary at best!
Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jhooknc
    jhooknc
    Community Member
    Options

Update....looked closer at my iPhone data and there are duplicates in that vault as well. Just like my iPad. All I did was upgrade the master on my iMac and did nothing with the vaults on my IOS devices..my IOS vaults had my previous data but I sync with the new version, so I’m thinking I needed to delete the app from both IOS devices..reinstall then sync so I don’t just re-add the data to my vaults.

• @jhooknc

If you are seeing/using a web version, then you have a 1Password.com account. Accounts do not use the WLAN server to sync. Accounts can sync over Wi-Fi, but they do not use the WLAN server. 1Password handles all of the syncing in the background via your account.

If all of your data is in your account, you would need to add your account to each of the other devices. 1Password memberships also do not use a Primary vault. Your membership has no clue it even exists. After moving all of your data to your account, you would remove the Primary vault to prevent confusion.

• @jhooknc

The duplicates are likely from the Primary vault still residing on your device. Please see my previous post. Our posts seem to have crossed. :chuffed:

• jhooknc
    jhooknc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. I understand now about the vaults but have concerns about what transpired during the migration from 6-7. I upgraded on my iMac as that is my master vault. On my mac I still have 2 vaults as you said. The old primary has 220 entries and the new personal only has 162 entries. That's the info for the Logins category. 58 entry difference. Valid credentials from my primary vault were not copied to my personal vault. It appears that the migration to the new personal vault only did a partial migration. Any clues?

• jhooknc
    jhooknc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. I understand now about the vaults but have concerns about what transpired during the migration from 6-7. I upgraded on my iMac as that is my master vault. On my mac I still have 2 vaults as you said. The old primary has 126 entries and the new personal only has 65 entries. That's the info for the Logins category. 61 entry difference. Valid credentials from my primary vault were not copied to my personal vault. It appears that the migration to the new personal vault only did a partial migration. Any clues?

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@jhooknc

Did you have more than one vault? Did something interrupt the migration? I would urge you to reach out to us using support@1password.com and send us a diagnostic report from your device.

Please include the following:
    1. A link to this topic - https://1password.community/discussion/117505/upgrading-from-v6-to-7-issues#latest
    2. Your forum/community user name - jhooknc

One of the staff members can work with you to sort things out. We do this for your protection to prevent sharing private details here in the forum. Make sure to send this information from the email address that you used to create your account.

• Do not post your diagnostics report here in the forum/community.
  • jhooknc
    jhooknc
    Community Member
    Options

OK...email sent with everything you asked for. I have manually copied all the missing entries into my new vault so I think I am ok..time will tell as I haven't had a chance to really use the new version yet.
    Appreciate your help.

• You're welcome. :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.