Can't enable Safari extension on MacOS 11 Big Sur beta 6

josephwit
josephwit
Community Member

On latest Big Sur developer beta build, (20A5364e) and 1Password 7 Version 7.7.BETA-8 (70700008), if I enable extension helper in the 1PW app and then enable the Safari extension, it initially opens showing logins, but after one restart, clicking on the extension in Safari brings up "turn on 1PW extension" which is already checked as being on. Turning extension or helper off and back on doesn't help.
Fix coming? I realize lots of beta here...

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-8 (70700008)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11 dev beta (20A5364e)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:big sur

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @josephwit! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for reporting this! Our developers are aware of this bug on macOS Big Sur, hopefully it will addresses in one of the next betas :+1:

• josephwit
    josephwit
    Community Member

Great, thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @josephwit! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• josephwit
    josephwit
    Community Member

Ah, though it was fixed with 7.7.BETA-9 (70700009) - Safari extension installed and worked - asked to fill in blanks, love it! - until restart...
    Now again, clicking on the 1PW icon in Safari menu bar brings up "turn on the 1Password extension" though it is already enabled, as is the helper.
    (Now on Big Sur Beta 7).
    Keep at it! Can't wait!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

We will definitely do our best so this is ready for when Big Sur comes out @josephwit :+1:

• josephwit
    josephwit
    Community Member

Big Sur beta 9 seems to have fixed the issue of Safari 1PW extension working - but lost unlocking 1PW with Apple Watch, which was working before. 1PW opens with "Touch ID is unavailable with the cover of your MacBook closed"... I am running an iMac, no Touch ID. Option to set up Apple Watch is offered, but it is already turned on, and unlocks the iMac (but not 1PW),,,

Just want to make sure your engineers are aware... Thanks!

• josephwit
    josephwit
    Community Member

Good follow up - Apple Watch issue FIXED by holding iMac power switch down 10 seconds, then restarting, per initial Apple instructions for resetting SMC. Everything working!

• Glad to hear things are working better for you, @josephwit. :)

Ben

• alekseyn
    alekseyn
    Community Member

1Password 7.7 Safari browser extension not working with macOS 11.0.1. The extension installs, but when I click on it nothing happens. Please help.

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020

@alekseyn

Can I ask you to give your Mac a restart? Several users here in the forum/community have reported similar things, and a restart helped them. I hope it will do the same for you.

• alekseyn
    alekseyn
    Community Member

Thanks. That fixed it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @alekseyn, thank you for letting us know :)

This discussion has been closed.