password history

Options
greenery
greenery
Community Member

I've been using 1PW since it first came on the market, but today I ran into a new problem whenI went into my account on the website and began the 'change master password process'. The steps I took:

--Provided my current master pw;

--At this point 1PW generated a suggested new password, which I accepted.

--Then it asked: save as new, or update? I said new.

--At this point it occurred to me that nobody else is supposed to have access to my master pw, and I wondered what I was missing. With considerable trepidation I went back into the vault to check the new password, and there was no sign of it.

Then I tried to login both from the desktop version and the iPhone version. In both cases I got an error. 1PW wanted the new password that hadn't been saved. So now I am locked out and fear I'll have to start all over. I'm wondering how to do that, first of all.

But one possibility, I hope: it used to be possible to look at a list of all the generated paswords. Also, you could look at the password history for a particular item in the vault.

Are either of these features still available?

I'm not hopeful but I'd be thrilled is somebody has a suggestion. Thanks very much for your help.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7
Extension Version: 70700015)
OS Version: OS Big Sur 11.0.1.
Sync Type: ??

Comments

• greenery
    greenery
    Community Member
    Options

Of course I overlooked the next layer of complications: I can't log in anywhere, so even if I knew how to find the password history for a given item, I couldn't get to it. So I have to start reconstruction everything, unless I've misunderstood.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @greenery!

Also, you could look at the password history for a particular item in the vault.

The password history feature has been moved in the latest version of 1Password for Mac, but you can find it here next to the password field:

But one possibility, I hope: it used to be possible to look at a list of all the generated paswords.

Previously generated passwords would be stored under the Passwords category in the app (not the Login category).

This discussion has been closed.