suggestion: new autofill look and feel

Options

In general, I'm happy with the update. Thank you!

I'd suggest you change the dialog that pops up when you first want to use the autofill, the one that asks you to log into 1password. My brain reads the top of that as smudges. I've stared at it enough to see that it's not a gray smudge bar, it's checkered or something. But it doesn't look good at a glance.

Also, when it pops up and I don't want it there, I can't see anything underneath it. I suppose probably gets rid of it so I can see what's underneath. I should try that next time. I don't have a suggestion about how to fix this other than not putting the fill-in directly under the login or password box--and that's not a good suggestion!

Thank you for continually making this product better!
-Kim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @khb54321! 👋

Thanks for your feedback. :chuffed: I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

I'm not sure I'm following which dialog you're referring to in your first point. Are you referring to the inline menu that appears directly underneath fields? I took a screenshot so you'd know exactly what I mean.

As for your second point, you can close the inline menu by clicking the 1Password icon that appears inside the field itself. That'll both open and close the inline menu for you so you can interact with anything below it. I hope that helps!

• khb54321
    khb54321
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that's exactly the box I mean. Especially on one of my screens with a lower resolution, but even on my good screen, it looks like a smudge on either side of the 1Password lock logo.

I'm glad that I can still use command-\ in the login fields. I prefer that to mousing.
    Thank you

• Hello @khb54321,

I understand that it could take some time to get used to the new inline menu, and I agree that it could sometimes be intrusive. The good news is that we have a solution so that it stays hidden when you don't need it and open when required

To do that, please open the 1Password app > Click on 1Password 7 in the menu bar > preferences > Browsers > Untick the "Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field" option.

• khb54321
    khb54321
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent!
    Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of kaitlyn and nhat_1P, you are welcome @khb54321! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.