Full removal possible on Win10, then start over?

Hi support and community folks -

I'm supporting a Business Account client who installed (incorrectly) the US version, then the family version, then the Canadian version...now everything seems to be confused. Existing password works on the Web, but installing the App on desktop fails, and the extension on Edge fails to "light up". And that's only one of three PCs she uses. Hoping that the other two are "cleaner".

I'm thinking this needs a full clean back to "nothing" and then a full - proper - reinstall of the corporate 1P and then the family 1P. Is there any guidance as to how to clean this mess up? (regedit?)

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 current
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ziggy_Stahdust!

I'm thinking this needs a full clean back to "nothing" and then a full - proper - reinstall of the corporate 1P and then the family 1P. Is there any guidance as to how to clean this mess up? (regedit?)

Resetting the 1Password app should be enough for this:

How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

but installing the App on desktop fails

What is the error message that you see when you try to install the app on desktop?

• Ziggy_Stahdust
    Ziggy_Stahdust
    Community Member

No error - but the password for it fails (neither the Business nor the family passwords work), so I was making the assumption that the US version was still installed. I removed it, reinstalled from the Business account, but with no joy.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Ziggy_Stahdust:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from this PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.