Can't Sync my iPad with my Mac

Options
wratliff620
wratliff620
Community Member

Been using 1P for 2 years. Had my iPhone set up to sync with a WLAN server on my Mac. Worked fine. Then I got an iPad and things blew up on me. All devices are running 1P 7.7, the iPad and iPhone are running IOS 14.1 and the Mac is running Big Sur 11.0.1. In going through the articles available I think that you can only set the WLAN server up to communicate with one device. So I can only Sync one of my mobile devices. Is that correct? I don't want to go through the Cloud or Dropbox and I don't have a clear understanding of how a stand alone vault would work. Anybody have any idea on what I can do to solve this problem?

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@wratliff620

From our WLAN server help page The WLAN server can’t sync two or more mobile devices directly.

I know you mentioned not wanting a different sync solution. However, I would recommend looking into one of our membership offerings. It includes syncing of all of your devices, and no manual configuration needed.

• wratliff620
    wratliff620
    Community Member
    Options

ag_tommy, Thanks for the response! I'm now trying to set up my three devices so they will use the the system offered under my membership, as you suggested. Is there any place that will walk me through this process. When using this backup/sync method do I need to have wi-fi access on for this app in the system settings? How do I back out of using the WLAN, just turn it off in the App Settings? I rebooted all my devices. I had no Primary on my iPad, so I added one. Now I have two Primaries on my iPhone and Mac with nothing in the second ones on the mac and iPhone and nothing in the one I created on the iPad. Is there anyone I could Chat with to get some help on this? Thanks Larry R.

• @wratliff620

Your devices would not use a Primary vault. Memberships have no clue the Primary vault even exists. The Primary is for standalone systems, aka those that are not part of our membership offering. It get's confusing but once you get up and running it will be easier. :chuffed:

It's best to work with one device that has all of your data. I personally prefer the Mac as I am a heavy Mac user. I love the bigger screen real estate. :wink:

1. Get all of your data into your Personal/Private vault.
    2. If you have data remaining in your Primary vault, copy/move any missing data to your Personal/Private vault.
    3. Once all of your data is present in your Personal/Private vault, remove the Primary vault.
    4. Add your account to your other devices.
    5. If you still have Primary vaults present and all of your data is in your account, remove the Primary on those devices.

When you remove the Primary vault, the WLAN server should be disabled.

Sure we can help. If you prefer an email exchange, please write to us at support@1password.com and we can provide guidance.

• wratliff620
    wratliff620
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your help. Everything is set up and working great on all devices! All the primaries are gone and everything is in my personal vault. Once again thanks for getting me straightened out up and running.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent news! Thanks for the update @wratliff620. Glad to hear Tommy was able to get you up and running. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.