IOS AutoFill is not working on IOS 14.2

Options
JerryHobby
JerryHobby
Community Member

I just setup 1Password Family. I have installed 1Password on my two iPhones and two iPads. On all devices I went into Settings->Passwords->Autofill and enabled autofill and ONLY checked beside 1Password. I can log into the app just fine and see all my data. But it will not autofill in Safari or Chrome and probably nothing else either.

My wife's been using the iOS password feature for some time. So that data still shows up even though it's disabled. I've even tried to disable "Autofill Passwords" and I still see the iOS keychain data there. It's like nothing is looking at those settings.

So I tried again to disable / enable Autofill. I've tried rebooting my devices. No matter what I do, it acts exactly the same. It shows the autofill from the keychain and not from 1Password.

I've recently uninstalled LastPass. My only random thought on this is uninstalling LastPass may have left something in a broken state.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this working? Can someone confirm that autofill actually works on 14.2?

Also, I see referenced below about the extension. There's not an extension on iOS that I know of. Just the app. If I'm missing something ...
Thanks, Jerry

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.02
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@JerryHobby

I just removed and set up 1Password on iOS 14.2.1, and AutoFill is working for me. Based on your description, it sounds as if you have completed the steps. iOS does the lifting here.

Try opening 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill and make sure AutoFill is enabled within 1Password. If it is, try disabling it and enabling it. Then head to Settings > Passwords > AutoFill Password and turn off AutoFill Password and then turn it back on. Select 1Password from the list and when prompted, enter your Master Password. Tap Done in the upper right-hand corner. Then deselect iCloud Keychain.

• JerryHobby
    JerryHobby
    Community Member
    Options

I performed all those steps repeatedly on multiple devices. After more testing, I discovered that 1Password is actually working in apps. Then I tested different websites. I’ve discovered that certain websites do not work for some reason. That’s what was going wrong.

www.freshly.com was one of the sites that don’t work. Can’t remember what else I tried that also didn’t work.

I thank you for your reply.

• @JerryHobby

You're welcome. I am glad we found out the problem.

I tried freshly.com and as you experienced I was unable to login. What I was able to do is click the left-hand menu and select log in. From this page 1Password can fill in your details.

• sdluzzi
    sdluzzi
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hi, I have the same issue (and been having it since 2 years now) on some sites like live.com (microsoft and outlook logins) on my ios device, I also discussed it on reddit and someone from 1password support gave me an issue number {apple-issues2665} but nothing happened yet, I'm still having the same issue.

• Ben
    Options

@sdluzzi

My apologies; Apple issue 2665 has not yet been addressed.

Ben

• sdluzzi
    sdluzzi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply, I’m sorry to read this, I really hoped they have fixed it since it’s been a long time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sdluzzi:

I have added you to the list of users who are seeing this, so the developers know that this is affecting you :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#2665

• sdluzzi
    sdluzzi
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana awesome, thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @sdluzzi! If you have any other questions or if there is anything we can do to help, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.