Pdf file using related items not viewable by family member

Options
gaw
gaw
Community Member

I have a shared vault with my father. Using 1Password 7 on my mac, I added his passport info as a passport item. I included a picture of the passport using the "Add New FIle" option under "RELATED ITEMS" in the passport data entry screen. 1Password created a document entry that contained the picture into the shared vault. I can see it just fine when I look at it by clicking on the "View" option under the passport item or if I look at it by clicking on the item in the Documents category in the vault.

However, when my father clicks on the passport, and clicks view, all he can do is download the file. He can't view it. Downloading it saves it on his hard drive which breaks the security. He is on a PC using 1Password 7. I've also recreated the problem with his my1password.com account as well.

I expected that the passport photo would be viewable for him just like it is to me. I don't even have a download option.

Please advise on how this features is supposed to work.

1Password Version: Mac 1Pswd 7 version 7.7
Extension Version: 1Pswd X 1.22.3 via Chrome
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: via the 1Password cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gaw!

Previewing documents is not available in 1Password for Windows the same way it's available in 1Password for Mac. You can find more information here.

This discussion has been closed.