To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password vs. Lastpass in a secure facility??

gtackett
gtackett
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Memberships

I work in a secure facility where our Windows systems are locked down pretty tight. We can't:

• Install anything: Windows Store applications, Microsoft Installer apps, standalone executables, browser extensions, you name it.
  • Run anything that isn't already installed on the system

On these systems I'm able to use Lastpass, even without a browser extension, because I can log right in to the Lastpass webpage and display my vault.

I used to use (and really liked) 1Password before the current licensing model and the restrictions on our at-work computers.

Since I stopped using 1Password, I've been using Lastpass because I can share my Lastpass vault between work and home.

Without being able to install anything on my at-work system, is there any way I can share passwords between work and home with 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member

Assuming you use a 1Password.com account, then yes you could access your passwords from my.1password.com. If you don't, then no.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gtackett! Welcome to the forum!

plttn is correct: you can access your 1Password data on 1Password.com without installing anything, if you have a 1Password Membership :+1:

This discussion has been closed.