Can't get privacy.com integration to work

dmoor
dmoor
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I am unable to get privacy.com integration working in any browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari). The only setup instructions I have been able to find just say to setup the integration in privacy.com, which I have done.

There are also a lot of references to 1passwordX. Is that a different extension? When I add/remove the 1password extension I don't see it ....

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: mypassword

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dmoor!

That is correct, you need the 1Password X browser extension for the Privacy.com integration. You can download it from here.

• dmoor
    dmoor
    Community Member

Thanks. There is no download link. It says that it is included in 1Password 7 for Safari. I'm running 7.7 on 10.14.6.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dmoor:

There is no download link.

Can you please let us know what you see at the link I shared? I just tried visiting it and I see download links for Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Brave there. Those are the browsers where 1Password X is currently available, you will need one of those for the Privacy integration.

Safari has a different extension from 1Password X (it looks very similar to 1Password X in the behavior, but it's actually built into the 1Password app, as you correctly wrote).

• glessard
    glessard
    Community Member

At this page: https://support.1password.com/privacy-cards/, nowhere does it say that Safari is excluded from this feature. It would be helpful to know before one wastes time trying to do it. It feels like a bait-and-switch. Sincerely.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @glessard ,

Safari is not excluded. If you open the 1Password 7 desktop app and go to its preferences -> Browsers -> Enable the "Privacy.com integration" option, that should allow you to get things working.
    There is, however, a known issue in which adding/creating new cards won't work in Safari under certain circumstances, but we're working on it.

This discussion has been closed.