To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have a new 1password membership. Should I remove old syncing data on dropbox? If so, how?

romneygiles
romneygiles
Community Member

I recently moved to a 1password membership. My old vault synced through Dropbox but I understand the new account won't do that. Is that right and if so, should I removed the old account data from Dropbox. Should all 1password files be removed or just the vault files? Specifics please.

1Password Version: 6.88
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: membership - was dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I have a new 1password membership. Should I remove old syncing data on dropbox? If so, how?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @romneygiles!

My old vault synced through Dropbox but I understand the new account won't do that. Is that right

That's correct :+1:

should I removed the old account data from Dropbox. Should all 1password files be removed or just the vault files?

Whether you remove the actual data from Dropbox or not is up to you, but we do recommend only using 1Password.com to sync your data from now on. Therefore, we recommend removing your Primary vault from the 1Password app after you migrated your data to your new Membership account, and only leave your Membership vaults in the app, so you won't use Dropbox moving forward. To remove your Primary vault, choose Vault menu > Switch to Vault > Primary. Then choose Vault menu > Delete Vault.

• mpaul005
    mpaul005
    Community Member

Are there instructions on how to migrate your primary vault to the membership account? I do want to switch from using dropbox but I just don't know how to do it on my mac and all my iOS devices and what impact this will have on shared vaults with family members. Documentation and instructions would be great to have.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mpaul005:

Yes, you can find the instructions here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

• mpaul005
    mpaul005
    Community Member

Thank you.

• On behalf of Ana, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.