Bug: 1Password missing from System Preferences > Screen Recording

Options
invalidptr
invalidptr
Community Member
  • Started setting up my MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) fresh (did not use Migration Assistant) with Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29).
  • Fresh install of 1Password Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store.
  • Trying to scan a QR code in Safari.
  • 1Password lets me know I need to grant access to Screen Recording in System Preferences
  • 1Password isn't listed as an option (I presume a bug)
  • Just add the 1Password app from the Applications directory?

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.0.1 (20B29)
Sync Type: 1P Family

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @invalidptr!

I checked my. System Preferences here and I do see 1Password in the list under the Screen Recording session. Can you 100% confirm that this is happening with the 1Password app downloaded from our website?

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I presume my "clean install of everything" has something to do with this and why it wouldn't be a widespread issue you're seeing. I presume the fact my screen shows ".app" at the end goes to the fact I had to add it manually. I'm not 100% sure if 1P has updated since its install on Nov 16th, 2020. Security & Privacy

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@invalidptr:

I'm not 100% sure if 1P has updated since its install on Nov 16th, 2020.

That would be the latest stable version (there have just been a few beta updates since then). I am personally running the beta, but I don't think this would be related to what you are seeing.

Can you please try the following:

1. Remove the 1Password 7.app entry from System Preferences
    2. Right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely
    3. Relaunch 1Password
    4. Try to scan a QR code again

Do you see any differences?

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member
    Options

In following your procedure... I removed 1P.app from Screen Recording. 1P.app still shows in Camera and I don't see a way to remove it from that section. 1P.app appears in "Files & Folders" and I can remove it there.

After completing step 4, I do not see a difference... 1P didn't get added to "Screen Recording". To be clear, it does work if I manually added it to "Screen Recording"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@invalidptr:

Thank you for the confirmation! I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member
    Options

Ticket Number/Support ID [#UVY-44443-411]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: UVY-44443-411

This discussion has been closed.