How can I stop this from popping up?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

This is driving me crazy! Every time I go to enter info in a file, 1Password pops up. I use an iMac and most of my passwords are auto-fill through Keychain and so I don't want this 1Password thing popping up all the time. It also pos up when I click my curser into a filled that isn't even a password field. Is there a way to stop this behavior (I hope)?
PS: I had to register with a different email as tour system refuses to send a password email to my @me.com email account. I actually have an established account on this community, but it wants me to reset my password, yet it won't send me the reset email.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone? This is a picture of what I'm talking about. Any time I go to a form - even if I have iMac auto-fill set to fill in the password, this 1Password thing pops up and in many cases blocks the signing button. Is there a way to prevent this?

• nod005
    nod005
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Sorry I can't help but I feel your pain. I can't use Big Sur autofill for email because of 1password.

I will be watching and hopefully someone has an answer.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

This is not making me want to continue 1Password. I use the built-in iMac autofill (running High Sierra) and I hate that this always pops up and gets in the way. I'm hoping someone at 1Password can tell me how to disable this "feature".

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@CStan @nod005

There are several option that may help you. I prefer # 2 but you may prefer option # 1.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for show inline menu. This would be the setting to use if you want 1Password to act as it was before the inline menu

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this option on my Macs for the best of both worlds. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field". Now whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

• adrian112
    adrian112
    Community Member
    Options

I'v been using 1PW for years (probably well over a decade) and this is the first truly awful experience I've had with 1PW. Perhaps this should be OFF by default and not ON? Instead of showing up when requested, 1PW now just squats itself over virtually any web form whether there's a pw field or not, blocking important Safari functionality. I get that it can disabled, but only after a lot of exasperation.

• nod005
    nod005
    Community Member
    Options

"Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for show inline menu. This would be the setting to use if you want 1Password to act as it was before the inline menu"

From ag_tommy, this worked for me. Number 2 didn't seem to work for me.

• @nod005

I saw another user who said the same thing. I am not quite sure about what's going on there. Thank you for letting me know you found something that worked for you. :)

• other321
    other321
    Community Member
    Options

After much searching I'm so happy I finally discovered this thread. I was getting ready to just uninstall 1P completely. I had to disable inline menu completely otherwise it blocks access to the built-in functionality of Safari Keychain for me. I know it's still a bit of a secret that Apple  acquired 1Password... I am looking forward to everything being integrated at some point at an OS level!

• @other321

I am glad we could help. Let us know if you have any questions.

• nater88
    nater88
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Yes, Cstan I agree with you and also Adrian112 110%. They obviously have their reasons for doing this though they could never be justified imho. It is truly the world's most annoying pop up. No company or pw manager has done something so odd in my life. Theres even a thread on reddit but the solution by 1pw over there was terrible; basically says uninstall 1pw.

They need to patch it, scratch it, whatever. It's not that complicated. Throwing a massive box onto my screen on multiple pages without my request after years of not having it; which almost always hides the pw box or even the enter button is grounds for april fools. i was 2 seconds away from dropping 1pw for good. I appreciate tommy's solution and i'm hoping it works. We'll see.

Took me a while, as well. But glad i found this thread.

• benmattison
    benmattison
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue and would love to be able to disable the inline menu for filling in forms but keep it for usernames and passwords.

• For those who reported, option # 2 above did not work. I was able to reproduce the issue with the inline menu continuing to appear. I had to click the button once, and then the pop up would be hidden on the page.

If someone could be so kind as to validate what I am seeing, it would be appreciated. I can get it reported to development.

1. Make sure automatically show the inline menu is disabled in 1Password > Preferences > Browsers
    2. Bring up a site where the inline menu appears. It will show you your entires.
    3. Click the button once.
    4. 1Password should hide and continue to be hidden in other fields. Which will allow you to use both.

Thanks,

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you ag_tommy! I'm trying option #2 and so far so good! I agree with others who said this "feature" should be unchecked by default. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time by the development team - it isn't.

• JustJoan
    JustJoan
    Community Member
    Options

Well I am glad to see it’s not just me having trouble. My solution has been to disable the browser access entirely and just use the Mac installed program. That works, but not being able to use the extension sucks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of ag_tommy, you are welcome @CStan! And thank you for the feedback :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JustJoan:

Have you considered just setting the inline menu not to appear automatically, instead of disabling it completely?

• halberstadt
    halberstadt
    Community Member
    Options

Just can't resist adding a "me too" comment that while I was glad to (finally) find this thread, I was very disappointed by the poor UI features that intruded so egregiously on important fields. Because I admire 1Password as perhaps my most useful app, the disappointment was great. Please correct this in a new release.

• Gila
    Gila
    Community Member
    Options

I'm so glad I found this thread! This popup is the most annoying "upgrade" I've ever experienced. It keeps placing itself over security codes coming in through Messages, over Submit/Login buttons and everywhere else you don't want it to be! Thank you for the instructions to disable this supposed feature.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you both for the feedback :+1: :) I will be happy to pass it to the rest of the team.

This discussion has been closed.