Mysterious lack of sync between iOS and Mac over iCloud

Options
mirv
mirv
Community Member
edited December 2020 in iOS

Hi. I am running the 1Password betas on my devices, which all sync over iCloud. Generally everything is working beautifully. But every once in a while there is a login entry that seems to be missing from one of the devices. Currently my Instagram account is not there on my iPad, but it is on my Mac. (I swear it was there before.) I tried locking and unlocking the vault on both devices, and doing Sync Now in the iPad's 1Password Sync settings. The only way I could get it there was to do a share over Airdrop from Mac to iPad.

Now that I did this manual share, I see that there are now two instagram login entries on all of my devices!

Details:
Macbook Pro running macOS 11.1 Beta (20C5048k), 1Password 7.7.1.BETA-2 (70701002)
iPad Pro 9.7", iPadOS 14.3 (18C5054c) , 1Password 7.7 BETA-9 (70700009) via TestFlight
iPhone X, iOS 14.3 (18C5054c) , 1Password 7.7 BETA-9 (70700009) via TestFlight
and a few other devices...

1Password Version: 7.7.1.BETA-2 (70701002)
Extension Version: 7.7.1.BETA-2
OS Version: 11.1 Beta (20C5048k)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. No answers to this? The lack-of-sync over iCloud problem still happens sometimes. Not sure why or how to stop it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mirv!

Sorry for the late reply here! We have been busy after the release of 1Password for Mac 7.7 so our reply times slowed down a bit, so thank you for your patience.

Just to make sure that we are not missing anything, have you tried the troubleshooting steps in this article already?

If you’re having trouble syncing with iCloud

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

Well yes everything except the last step, resetting all iCloud data in 1Password on all of my devices. That seems like a rather heavy-handed solution but perhaps that will fix it. I'll give it a try and will watch it for a while afterwards.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mirv:

Thank you! Please keep us posted :+1:

This discussion has been closed.