WATCHTOWER Breach Report

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member

Most of the sites shown in my BREACH REPORT either no longer exist e.g. linuxforums.org OR the site has no record of the email address in question (as pops up when trying to do a "forget password").

Is there a way to remove sites in the BREACH REPORT if one is confident that it is not an issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmjm!

To make sure I understand your scenario: is there any reason why you would keep these logins in your main vault, if the website says that you don't have an account there anymore, or the website itself does not exist at all?

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

@ag_ana, the 7 remaining in my BREACH REPORT were never logins part of my 1P Vault. And so I am thinking that because these 7 are such that the website doesnt exist or for which I do not have an account anymore, it would be optimal to be able to remove them permanently from successive BREACH REPORTs.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It seems like if the account/website no longer exists anyway it can simply be deleted. 1Password will only do these checks based on the information you give it.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

A relative of mine got notified of a hack of an old database of a website he once registered.

He had no idea what email address or password he used there back then. If he still had it stored in 1Password he could check, so keeping outdated information might still be valuable?

(in his case that's important because he reused the same password for quite some time)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@XIII:

If the account still exists, it certainly makes sense to keep that information. The scenario reported by jmjm is a different one I think:

these 7 are such that the website doesnt exist or for which I do not have an account anymore

In this case, the website does not exist or there is no account there, so a different scenario from the one you described :+1:

This discussion has been closed.