With Big Sur 1password blocks access to Safari keychain.

Options
mbrown0250
mbrown0250
Community Member

With Big Sur my ability to choose 1P or the Safari keychain passwords is gone. I was able to get rid of the super-annoying popup by turning off "Automatically show inline menu" in 1Password > Preferences > Browsers, but access to tons of keychain passwords that are not in 1P are still blocked. I know you recommend using either 1P or Safari keychain but I would like to continue to have a choice to use 1P or keychain.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:With Big Sur my ability to choose 1P or the Safari keychain is gone. I was able to get rid of the super-annoying popup but access to tons of keychain passwords that are not in 1P are blocked.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mbrown0250,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having accessing your passwords. Could you please elaborate on what the problem here is? 1Password does not block access to iCloud Keychain. The inline menu does have a visual conflict with Safari's UI for iCloud Keychain (which it sounds like you've turned off), but 1Password doesn't prevent access to data in iCloud Keychain. Could you explain a bit more about what you're seeing?

I know you recommend using either 1P or Safari keychain

Or any other password manager, for that matter. We generally recommend avoiding using two different password managers to store credentials, as that can lead to confusion and conflicts:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.