Bug: 1Password does not respect language set for it in System Preferences => Language & Region

Options
phaserlich
phaserlich
Community Member

I'm running macOS in Danish but would like to run 1Password in English. To do this I tried adding 1Password to the list in System Preferences => Language & Region and set its language to English. This works on the first launch. However when I quit 1Password completely via the menu bar icon (or log out and in again) then on next launch 1Password has reset itself back to the System Default language (Danish in my case - I'm guessing it is the same with other languages).

I've also tried setting 1Password to English via the terminal with "defaults write com.agilebits.onepassword7 AppleLanguages '(en-US)'". This doesn't work either. The value seems to be deleted on the next launch of 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @phaserlich! Welcome to the forum!

Our developers are thinking about how to improve language support in 1Password in the future, so I will pass your feedback to them, I think it's going to be useful for the discussion :)

ref: dev/apple/issues#4948

• phaserlich
    phaserlich
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the welcome :) Sounds good.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @phaserlich :) If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.