agilekeychain sync to Dropbox

Brown
edited February 2012 in 1Password 4 for Windows
I’m having trouble with my agilekeychain sync to Dropbox. Each time it syncs, the file size roughly doubles in size and it now takes a very long time to finish the sync. I have a total of 78 logins, accounts, etc. saved in 1Password, but the latest backup says the file size is 170,223 kb, up from 85,111 kb on 2/6/12, 55,430 kb on 2/3/12, and 29,439 kb on 1/30/12. I added a login this past week, but I certainly don’t make changes that would require file sizes of this magnitude. What needs to be done to fix this? Here’s my info:

1Password for Windows 1.0.9.272
IE 8
iPhone 3S

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Brown. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

I wonder if you are storing your backups inside of the 1Password data folder. That could explain what you are seeing.

Can you tell me the paths listed in 1Password's preferences for "1Password Data" and "Folder for backup copies"?

If you right-click inside the box, you can choose "Select All" and then "Copy" from the contextual menu.

20120210-f8wncg53x4hjit2dfxyex93ta9.png

Then paste the path in your reply. Likewise for the backup path.

20120210-tsep43fcadnrhy8d8imytw6kmg.png

As an example, here are my own paths:

1Password Data: [font=courier new,courier,monospace]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain[/font]

Folder for backup copies: [font=courier new,courier,monospace]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\1Password\Backups[/font]

Are you adding any file attachments to 1Password?
  • I'm not adding any file attachments.

My 1Password data path is: C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\My Documents\Dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain

The backup path is: C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\My Documents\Dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain

The paths are the same (I double checked to be sure I hadn't copied the same one twice). I'll change the backup path and will let you know if that fixes it.

Thank you for your help.
  • I changed the paths and they are now:

1Password data: C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\My Documents\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

Backup: C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\My Documents\1Password\Backups

I ran a backup and checked the folder. The backup file size is now 340,471 kb. Now what?
    Thanks.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Please DO NOT backup your 1Password Data to the same folder where your 1Password Data itself is stored.

Now that you're backing up your 1Password Data to some other folder, you can delete the backups from your 1Password Data folder.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Important: Never directly add, remove, or modify anything to, from, or in the .agilekeychain folder. That folder is for use by 1Password alone. As noted above, that includes redirecting 1Password backups to the .agilekeychain folder—don't do it.
This discussion has been closed.